The Firefighter Championships are a great way to develop skills and team work. They are also a great way to meet fellow firefighters and share knowledge and skills.
Bring along a team of four from your station or agency for an enjoyable weekend. If you can’t get a team of four from your station or agency contact a station near you or just come along and you will be placed into a team. It doesn’t matter if you haven’t competed before new teams are paired up with a mentor team who will show you how the events are run.
All teams competing are provided with breakfast and lunch on the Saturday along with dinner at the official function Saturday night, breakfast is also provided Sunday morning.
Come along, have a go, meet fellow Firefighters and have a great time!
Who can Participate?
All firefighters (Permanent, retained or volunteer) are welcome.
While the Championships are run by the Firefighter Championships Association and Fire & Rescue NSW we welcome participation from other agencies; the Rural Fire Service, National Parks and Wildlife Service, Interstate services, Armed forces and all professional firefighters.
Want to Host a Championship?
Expressions of interest are now open for Brigades who wish to host a Championship during 2020.
The Championships consist of 11 events held over 2 days:
- Urban Pumper Collector and Ladder – 4 Competitors
- Urban Pump Disable – 4 Competitors
- Booster Valve and High Rise Bag – 4 Competitors
- Ladder Practice – 1 Competitor
- Urban Pumper BA – 4 Competitors
- Urban Pumper and Breeching – 4 Competitors
- Rescue – 4 Competitors
- Hose Hydrant and Extinguisher – 3 Competitors
- Hose and Hydrant – 4 Competitors
- Hose and Hydrant – 2 Competitors
- Urban Pump and Suction – 4 Competitors
Upcoming Championship Participant Information: